Had a long day? Feel like the juggling never ends? You’re not alone! Keeping body and soul happy, healthy and in sync should be your goal, but who has the time?
You may not have a lot of spare time in your day, but you can definitely boost your wellness by carving out special “me-time” moments. And the best part? It only takes a few minutes to get a lot of benefits, so there’s no excuse not to make time for me time.
Everybody’s me-time is different
No two people are alike, and no two me-time moments are alike either! The beauty of the me-time moment is you can adjust it to exactly fit your personality, mood and needs.
Here are our top 5 ideas to get you started:
1. Exercise in nature: Nature is known to have a positive, restoring, and calming effect on almost everyone! In one study, 95% of participants reported improved mood after spending time outdoors. So instead of hitting the gym, take a walk in the park, or do a yoga session in the garden. Surrounded by refreshing greenery, your soul will benefit much more from your workout.
2. Journaling: Our inner world is a complex jungle of thoughts and emotions. Journaling is known as an effective method to boost mental health and enhance wellness, and there are 83 reasons why! Putting thoughts and feelings on paper helps you release them and process them, so they don’t get ‘stuck’ inside and weigh you down. Even just a few minutes a day can give an increased feeling of clarity and lightness.
3. Meditation: Ok, so meditation is almost a clichè, but we’re here to tell you, it really works! More doctors are recommending it to help soothe pain, relieve anxiety and depression, and even reduce the symptoms of common ailments. The key to meditation is consistency, so try it for your daily me-time moment. Just 5 or 10 minutes a day can have a significant impact. Plus, if you want to make your daily meditation even more soothing, light an aromatic scented candle to set the mood.
4. Bath soak: A warm bath relieves muscle tension, improves blood circulation, and boosts serotonin, the happy hormone. What’s more, submerging in water is known to calm the nervous system. Make this me-time moment even more relaxing with Alma K Crystal Dead Sea Bath Salts. All the body-soul benefits are enhanced by the 21 nourishing, regenerating minerals only found in Dead Sea salt.
5. Relax with a face mask: A face mask not only does wonders for the skin; it is also an opportunity to be still, to rest and relax the mind, and it only takes a few minutes! Choose a face mask that suits your skin type, so your soul AND skin will glow afterwards. And why not combine a face mask with meditation or background music to make the me-time moment even more soothing?
Self care is definitely NOT selfish
There’s no one in the world who can take care of you like you can. That’s why it is so important to create “me-time” moments every day. Just a few minutes when you completely focus on YOU, tune in to your mind and body, and give yourself what you need to relax your soul.